True is my existence. Truth is my identity.
The simplest and most basic meditation in Kundalini yoga is chanting long SAT NAM’s. SAT NAM is the call of the soul. As you chant call out to your soul. Create peace, prosperity and connection to your true self with Sat Nam. This meditation with help balance your emotions and mind, releasing negative habits that no longer serve you. It will help you recognise the truth in everything.
1. Sit with a straight spine, either in easy cross-legged easy pose, in your preferred meditation posture or in a chair with the feet on the floor, sit bones carrying the weight of the body.
2. Hands are in Gyan Mudra resting on the knees. To create Gyan Mudra connect the tip of the index finger to the tip of the thumb.
3. Eyes are gently closed and rolled up to the third eye point at ajna chakra.
4. Tune in with Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo 3 times, to create a divine connection.
5. Inhale with a long deep breath. On the exhale chant out loud SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. At the end of the breath say NAM. Notice that your breath gets longer and deeper.
SAT is the liberator and the cleanser. Let yourself relax and release with the AAAAAAA. NAM is like the anchor. Feel the sound anchor you in your body. Then inhale deeply again and continue.
Feel the sound of the Sat resonating through your crown as it pulls the energy of Infinity down into your being. As you chant Nam feel this energy moving down your spine grounding you into the earth.
6. Continue for 3 – 31 mins.
7. To end inhale and hold your breath, feel the vibration of the mantra throughout your whole being. Exhale relax. Sit in stillness, meditate and reflect.
Instead of chanting Sat Nam you can mentally vibrate the sound at your third eye point as you link the mantra with the breath.
Prepare for meditation and tune in as per above. As you inhale mentally chant the sound Sat as you feel a pull from the base of your spine all the way up through the crown of your head. As you exhale feel the energy from Infinity descending from your crown down your spine back into mother earth. Continue for 3 -31 minutes.